Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
IT Project Manager (Senior Team Lead)
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
The successful candidate will increase cyber security compliance, network reliability and team efficiency through process transformation and automation. Overseeing all aspects of projects. You will build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
Desired PM/technical experience:
IS infrastructure and IS Security including networking/telephony technology, application/system rationalization, compute and storage, IS/Cyber security constructs. Field network Infrastructure knowledge and experience including technologies such as VSAT, Radio, Mobile communications etc.
Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and more complex projects Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget, or calendar with Project Owner and/or management.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Provides guidance to other project managers.
- Complete both an external and internal market scan of technologies/platforms capable of driving value for our client.
- Coordinate a high-level architecture and data quality review of any source systems required to integrate/support a suite of digital twin solutions.
- Develop and propose an execution for an opportunities landscape, incorporating lessons learned and use cases from the current 3D modeling pilot along with feedback from stakeholders about pain points that digital twin solutions could help alleviate.
Desired Candidate Characteristics:
- Able to coordinate and provide direction to a diverse set of both cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to transform exploratory efforts in the digital twin space into a tangible plan that drives value for the organization.
- Experience with enterprise-wide initiative planning and a keen ability to triage opportunities in order to help the organization focus on "the first things first".
- Capable of pushing established mindsets and having difficult conversations with both stakeholders and leadership.
- General project management experience including managing scope, timelines, budgets, etc.
- Strong financial focus to diligently manage project budget in addition to understanding the overall business benefits and costs to maintain beyond project implementation
Qualifications / Education:
Must Have - University Degree in a relevant discipline
8-10 years of a relevant industry experience recommended (will consider similar or related experience)
Location / Length:
- Contract until the end of the 2022 and expected to be extended
- Located in Calgary. (Remote work not expected)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.