Intern/Co-op University Internships - 2021 opportunities Would you like the opportunity to work in a global energy company? Do you enjoy taking on challenging projects? Join our innovating Internship Program
The Baker Hughes Internship is designed to enable undergraduates pursing a Bachelor's degree to gain hands-on work experience as the foundation of their professional lives. Our internships will give you first-hand insights into the processes, systems and practices that are aligned to ensure customer needs are met through flawless execution and the application of leading-edge technology. Partner with the best
Our internship will provide you with the opportunity to become familiar with a Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E). You'll participate in technically focused training, team meetings and work on projects and present your results.
As an Intern, you will be:
Fuel your passion
- Receiving coaching and mentoring to enable you to complete assignments and projects to develop your learning and skillset
- Completing internal projects to deliver customer outcomes and identify business improvements
- Learning internal software to assist with the completion of projects and tasks
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and interns to interact and network with global business leaders
- Applying Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) standards and procedures in all situations to ensure compliance is maintained
- Pursuing your development through different best practices and projects inside the organization
- Able the learn and develop your soft skills in a professional environment, preparing you for the market or for our Entry Level positions after your internship
To be successful in this role you Should:
Work in a way that works for you
- Be currently enrolled in a Petroleum, Mechanical, Computer, Electrical or Industrial Engineering bachelor's degree and have at least 1 year left of school.
- Have maintained a GPA grade greater than or equal to 3.0 out of 4.0 or the equivalent in your country
- Be fluent in oral and written English
- Have the legal right to work without restrictions or have company sponsorship in the country you have applied
- Be prepared to enroll yourself with different activities and projects, being owner of them and having an active voice to be part of the team and the company in a large scale
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Talk to us about your desired working options when you apply
Working at Baker Hughes means being at the forefront of the energy transition. Our people are diverse, ambitious, and collaborative. We're on a mission to redefine the energy sector by unlocking the power of engineering, data, and science. Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Feed the Xait Porter with updated information, in standardized formats, disaggregating the type of client (IOC, Independent, Local Companies).
- Provide support for the update of directional drilling job tickets.
- Feed the Document Delivery Sales Server to Q2C and Revenue Recognition monthly.
- Support with the creation of CVs for contract release.
- Execute and comply with administrative procedures as required through current information systems. (e.g., SAP, ARIBA).
- Attend stakeholder meetings as required by the position.
- Handle special tasks/projects as assigned.
- Undergraduate (Bachelor's degree) 6th to 9th Semester of any Engineering bachelor's degree.
- Fluid English
- Knowledge in programming software as Visual basic/C++
- Initiative/ Proactivity
- Strong analytical, organization and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker: Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges.
- Effective communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible and committed with deadlines.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally.
- Digital mindset with strong ability to learn and navigate systems.
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry or willingness to learn about the oil and gas industry.
- Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
- Microsoft suite proficiency
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.