Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Calgary office is recruiting for a S enior Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our team.
Your previous engineering experience will include at least 5 years of experience in the consulting engineering industry and at least 10 years combined work and post-graduate studies. You will work on projects in the areas of hydrotechnical engineering, including river engineering, dams and hydraulic structures, flood risk and flood mitigation, erosion protection, infrastructure siting, water management, and specialized civil design for water resources projects. You will be supported by both senior technical experts and junior and intermediate engineering staff and civil designers. We are seeking a motivated candidate who is a self-starter, is focused on delivering, and has strong technical and communications skills.
- Provide senior technical expertise on projects ranging from scoping level studies to detailed design and construction in support of our public sector, industrial, and resource development clients
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment, and liaise with other technical specialists including geotechnical, infrastructure and environmental engineers and environmental scientists
- Develop the business through contributions to proposals, client development, and targeted marketing opportunities
- Mentoring of junior technical staff
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil or Environmental Engineering. M.Sc. or M.Eng. in Civil Engineering is an asset
- 10+ years of combined experience in consulting and post-graduate studies
- Registered with or eligible for registration as an P.Eng. with APEGA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to provide excellent practical customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
- Field and site work on an as needed basis
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.