Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
**We are currently increasing our workforce for various projects within our Diving Division based in Angola. This will be on an ad-hoc, 2-6-month temporary basis**
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Competent person trained to conduct general and company specific work and testing in accordance with company and manufacturers procedures and specifications for Surface supplied commercial diving, Saturation Diving and NITROX Diving equipment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accomplish all tasks assigned by the Dive Technician Supervisor & Project Manager. In the event the tech is assigned a task for which he does not consider himself competent either by training and/or experience, the tech shall immediately inform the Supervisor.
- Read, understand, and comply with all of the employer's policies and with applicable governmental regulations as they relate to their qualifications or performance while engaging in diving operations.
- To adhere to manufacturers specifications and specialist instructions
- To notify the Dive Technician Supervisor of any requirements for additional work or components
- To ensure all planned maintenance requirements are carried out
- To complete equipment maintenance records when necessary
- Maintenance of Diving and Project related Equipment including Life Support Equipment. Liase with Senior Dive Technicians where Electrical and mechanical interfaces co-exist.
- Specifically maintenance of Diving Hats (Subject to equipment specific hat training courses).
- Managing and Updating (PMS) ensuring monitoring of schedule of test criteria for all components.
- Maintenance of documentation requirements / maintenance records.
- Input and assistance with IMCA DESIGN documentation.
- To manage the works in such a manner as to ensure compliance with the maintenance regimes required by IMCA and as defined with in DESIGN and manufacturers specifications.
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness.
- Comply with regulations or instructions concerning the use, maintenance, repair, and testing of all diving equipment provided for the operation.
- Re port to the Supervisor any recent medical treatment or illness so that a proper determination can be made concerning their fitness/or ability to perform a task.
- Report to the Diving Supervisor any defect or malfunction of the diving equipment provided for the diving operation.
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Ensure that his diving equipment has been correctly maintained, prepared and tested before each dive.
- Maintain a Technician log book in which includes details of all projects, medical examinations and courses taken.
- Be fully conversant and practiced in emergency procedures applicable to the assigned location.
- Be able to speak and write in the English Language.
- Establish and maintain a sound, up-to-date knowledge and understanding of organizational and legislative requirements for Quality, HSE and diving operations
- Ensure operations are performed in compliance with Oceaneering's Safety Management System
- Ensure risk assessments are performed for all new activities in accordance with requirements
- Work in diving yard maintaining diving equipment when not offshore.
- Attend and pass training courses as needed for competence and operational standards.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- C omplete and pass all required training set forth in Oceaneering's LMS.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Person will sometimes be given tasks that they expected to complete properly without direct supervision.
- Diving Operations Manager
- Offshore Manager
- Dive Tech Supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Speak, read and write in the English Language.
- T echnicians will normally hold a formal qualification awarded by a recognized national body in one of the following subjects:
- Radio, Television and Electronics Servicing and Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Electrical Installation
- Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Agricultural Machinery Maintenance and Repair
- Marine Engineering
- Electrical Power Technician
- Telecommunications or hold a University Degree in Engineering or have completed a recognized Trade Apprenticeship in a relevant trade.
- Willing to work offshore in harsh weather environments on a rotation or callout condition
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have thorough knowledge of diving practice and theory and knowledge of equipment uses, repair and maintenance.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Eye protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported
- • Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.