Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Posted: Sep 24, 2021
Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
• Will be knowledgeable of and follow all safety rules, procedures and practices.
• Will, when directed by supervision, report to assigned locations for the purpose of receiving
training and will actively participate in the training activities.
• Will carry out assignments in training for and / or performing first aid and fire response.
• Will, during the normal performance of duties, watch for and promptly report to supervision
any damaged or defective equipment or conditions which may cause damage or injury.
• Will keep all equipment, materials and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
• Will report as directed to any facility for any shift where needed.
• Will perform work in a responsible and cooperative manner to facilitate a positive working
• Will compile information and generate reports, forms and documents as required.
• File reports and other paper and electronic data
• Data entry
• Word processing
• Meeting/event scheduling
• Phone coverage
• Other administrative assistant duties
• Timekeeping and other pay and billing hour tracking
• Assist Supervision in the compilation of data, including, but not limited to, work orders and the
formulating of reports
• Assist in the filling out of accident reports, the typing and filing of same
• Type and/or print requisitions and order and receive office supplies
• Compile information and generate reports, forms and documents as required
• Interface with LG&E/KU information systems
• Schedule appointments and group meetings
• Sort and distribute mail
Skills / Qualifications
• Must be willing to work in a power plant environment
• 1 to five years' experience in an office setting preferred
• Basic familiarity with power plant environment.
• Good interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and with
• Ability to translate verbal directions to finished work product with minimal oversight
• Good time management skills; able to multitask
• Accurate and well organized in work approach
• High School degree or equivalent is required; college degree is preferred
• At least 12 months experience as an administrative assistant or the equivalent preferred.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to perform accurate and neat work.
• Able to expeditiously learn to interface with Company software applications (as required)
• Very proficient in speaking, reading and writing English, and performing basic mathematical
• Ability to type and operate general office equipment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.