Baker Hughes is seeking a Mill Machinist in Houston, TXEssential Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Be able to starts and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Must be able to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and shapers.
- Must demonstrate an advanced skill level (indicate part, turn OD's, and qualify ID and OD) on CNC lathe.
- Display the ability to identify and resolve problems and be able to implement effective improvements.
- Be able to work shifts over a weekly period and overtime at weekends/holidays as required.
- Ability to train machine shop personnel on shop processes and projects.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of CNC Mill Machinist experience
Houston, TXAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.