Posted: Oct 08, 2021
Posted: Oct 08, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Senior Solar Electrical Engineer / Consultant to join our diverse team of professionals. Ideally, the role will be seated in our Austin, TX office, but we will consider qualified applicants from any American city where Wood has a local office.
The Senior Solar Electrical Engineer / Consultant will lead the delivery of multidisciplinary projects through their feasibility, pre-construction and/or construction phases with a specific focus on the electrical design aspects of projects. She/He will act as a Design Engineer, managing projects as a technical advisor and/or Owner's Engineer. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on solar PV developments it may also include involvement in wind, storage and hybrid projects.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Leading and managing the electrical design of renewable energy projects (primarily solar PV projects) from preliminary design through IFC in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements.
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined specialists to design, develop and deliver renewable energy projects with a specific focus on the electrical aspects of project development.
- Regularly and accurately reporting the status of projects to senior management.
- Act as the main interface and manage the relationship with clients and contractors.
- Ensuring health, safety and environmental considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks.
- Add value, avoid/resolve issues, mitigate risks and manage project's finances and contracts by applying robust project management practices and experience from previous projects.
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new opportunities for the company.
- Participation at site visits and meetings in the USA and abroad.
- Disseminate knowledge and experiences to other team members, and supporting the development of the team and team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience in electrical engineering work; preferrably in renewable power generation
- PE license in power preferred
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) in English, with the abilty to engage and interface with stakeholders; bilingualism (or a p roficiency in Spanish) a strong asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Electrical Engineering standards, best practices and safety regulations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to completing work
- Valid driving licence for use within USA
- Willingness for occasional domestic travel (up to 20%)
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.