Do you like to work for a forward thinking technology company? Do you enjoy technical challenges? Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Partner with the best
We are looking to add a new member to our manufacturing team at the Lightwave Technology Center in Blacksburg. Primary responsibilities include building, testing and troubleshooting electro-optical assemblies that are used in fiber optic sensing applications. Secondary responsibilities will include providing input to engineering on design improvements or feedback on new products currently under development. Here at Baker Hughes we operate in a fast paced work environment that requires a lot of attention to detail and quality. Our goal with this role is to increase and streamline production while meeting customer expectations.
As an Electro-Optics Technician you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Assemble, test and troubleshoot electro-optical assemblies
- Assist in configuring, preparing and maintaining test equipment
- Splicing optical fibers and components
- Follow written procedures and maintain production travelers to build complex assemblies
- Assist with creating procedures and providing suggestions on improvements
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize work flow
- Maintain point of use inventory.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years experience as an electronic technician (5+ preferred).
- Prior experience working with electronic components, wiring harnesses, connectors and mechanical assemblies
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, electronic schematics, and parts lists.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and other basic instruments.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Keeps a clean and safe working environment and optimizes space utilization
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
Work in a way that works for you
- Skills on splicing optical fibers and testing using various measurement techniques
- Advanced ability to perform component level troubleshooting
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing
- Two year technical degree with 3+ years experience
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.