Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
This is the fully qualified level job. Responsible for design of new products and makes improvements to existing products. Performs complex tasks and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on precedent or professional judgment. Considerable latitude for unreviewed action. Confers with supervisor on unusual matters. Coordinates the work of others on projects and may assign work to and assist less experienced professionals or support staff.
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test ruggedized electronics for use in Weatherford's MLWD and RSS downhole drilling systems.
- Develop and conduct prototype design qualification tests involving temperature, vibration, and pressure testing.
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to meet assigned project goals.
- Direct and oversee the project-specific activities of assigned technician staff.
- Interface closely with drafting group to develop PC board layouts and documentation.
- Participate in the engineering signoff of PC board documentation in Windchill.
- Provide support for all relevant design documents (work instructions, test procedures, theories of operation, etc).
- Assist Manufacturing with the transition of prototype designs to production.
- Provide troubleshooting support and root cause analysis investigation and documentation.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
Minimum 5-10+ years related experience. Must have Electrical Engineering Degree. Preferred knowledge and experience in the areas of low-power and high-temperature hardware design for the downhole environment.
- Competent user of data acquisition instrumentation and methods
- Proficient with data & circuit analysis tools (e.g. Matlab or Multisim)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in fit for purpose power supply design
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Good interpersonal and communications skills