EnerCorp, LLC is a private equity sponsored oilfield services company with operations in Canada and the United States. EnerCorp offers innovative technologies produced in North America that deliver engineered solutions throughout the lifecycle of your well; our services streamline wellbore construction and minimize NPT to reduce costs and maximize production. We design, build, sell, and rent various products in our technology portfolio while also providing application engineering and field services on job sites. This holistic end-to-end capability allows us to optimize our products and services in a cost-effective manner while improving our expertise through a continuous feedback loop.
Duties and Responsibilities
A shop tech's role is to provide assistance and labor by performing any combination of drilling, cutting, inspecting, shipping, packaging, and cleaning tasks. This individual must be able to work as a team to meet deadlines and to process current and future orders in a timely manner befitting the customer and the company.
- Power wash equipment coming from the field.
- Perform maintenance to various equipment.
- Keep basic inventory and part identification.
- Use of power tools and hand tools.
- Rebuild plug valves.
- Repair filter screens.
- Clean up and organize shop area, parking area, around the facility as needed (trash, debris, materials, etc.)
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected and notify operators of any malfunctions.
- Load and unload Flow iron from monorail trailers.
- Regularly use forklift.
- Trouble shoot as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- High School degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year's work experience working independently in a shop environment, repairing and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Prior experience with materials or inventory management is preferred.
- Familiarity with a wide range of mechanical skills is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions in English.
- Ability to correctly read a tape measure and use basic hand tools as well as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals.
- Capable of working at heights.
- Able to work off step stools, lift platforms.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Working knowledge of pumps, valves, rigging mechanisms, pressure testing, etc.
- Basic knowledge of all tools and equipment utilized by oil and gas industry
- Must be mechanically inclined.
Physical and Safety Requirements
- Ability to lift 80-100lbs.
- Ability to stand for entirety of shift.
- Repetitive bending, reaching, pulling, and lifting.
- Pushing and pulling wheeled carts weighing up to 1,000lbs.
- Must be comfortable swinging an 8lb. sledge-hammer
- Must be able to see, hear and have full use of both hands and fingers.
- Must have use of both feet to drive.
- Pass the required physical examination and drug screen as well as a Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Able to work in all-weather elements day or night-time.
- Must be adaptable to the unique work conditions that consist of long and irregular hours and changes in locations of work assignments. This position requires working in a shop/yard setting with various weather conditions consisting of: wet, cold, and/or humid conditions at well sites, working near moving mechanical parts, vibration, loud noise, potential fumes or airborne particles, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals where proper PPE must be donned.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Able to follow proper protocol for incident reporting and emergency situations.
- Able to work with or without supervision.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Dedication & commitment to team focus common goals.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to the ever-changing needs of clients and industry.
- Able to withstand the mental and physical stress brought in by the element of an outdoor work environment.
- Fosters a positive working relationship with co-workers, customers, clients and management.
- Maintain an "above approach" lifestyle that reflects the company's values. Teamwork. Caring. Integrity. Work Ethic.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer. EnerCorp Engineered Solutions, LLC or its entities, does not discriminate in hiring because of an individual's race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, or disability. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibits discrimination on the basis of age for persons 40 or more years of age.