Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Production Engineering, Process Control
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Wareham, England, United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a multi skilled team at our Wytch Farm Oil Field near Corfe Castle, Wareham, Dorset. This is a critical role where you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation in an environmentally sensitive area at our production facility in Dorset.
Working as part of the operations team your primary role will be to safely operate the site and prepare for maintenance activities within the operational and maintenance procedures, and to carry out site checks and report any inconsistencies to the Lead Tech/Operations Site Controller. You will also be required to conduct the role of Performing Authority and Isolating Authority within the permit to work system, and to create and review Maintenance Preparation procedures and Process Operation procedures.
This role operates on a regular shift pattern of 7 x 12 hour days, 3 off, 7 x 12 hour nights, 18 off.
There will be 15 contracted shifts to be worked during the year out with the rotated pattern.
Key responsibilities include:
• Always demonstrate good safety behaviours and stop any unsafe acts witnessed.
• As part of the operations team, deliver on a personal commitment to safety.
• Implement all relevant policies and procedures as defined within the Operating
• Actively participate in any incident investigations and assist the team on determining root
• Deliver full compliance with the Operating Management System, Golden Rules and Site
Production and Technical Integrity Performance
• Complete maintenance and operations routines as defined in Maximo (Maintenance
Management System) and ensure jobs are raised in Maximo to address all known defects.
• Contribute to production upset investigations to establish root cause for production
• Supervise vendor contractors within production discipline.
• Prepare Work Control Certificates and Isolation Control Certificates for vendor mobilisations
and ensure that any spares required are ordered or available.
• Prepare plant for maintenance, including hydrocarbon freeing for containment breaks, and
take all necessary steps to safely return the equipment to service with GOC work packs
completed to the standard required
• Logging key performance parameters of production equipment and utilities equipment.
• Ensure that work scope carried out by vendors is complete and that Maximo maintenance
system is updated.
• Control isolations and permits as per the responsibilities of a Performing Authority and
• Implement operations and maintenance procedures, policies and safe working practices for
your areas of responsibility.
• Update P&ID drawings & procedures for submission into document revision process.
• Ensure a clear and concise shift change handover.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes.
• Monitor well annuli pressure each shift and report on any anomalies.
• Start-up, shutdown and cycle wells as per the Well Operating Procedures
Experience / Qualifications
• We are looking for an individual who has completed a time served trade apprenticeship.
• Knowledge of the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
• Strong technical background qualified to a minimum of HNC or equivalent
• Knowledge / skills of
o SIRP (Safe Isolation and Re-instatement of Plant)
o PTW (Permit of Work/Safe System of Work)
o Process Safety
o ORA (Operational Risk Assessment)
• Excellent Pension Provision
• Discretionary Bonus
• Private Medical Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Allowance
• Life Assurance
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.