Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Electrical Engineer (Contract). The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have experience within the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining, LNG or Power Generation industry. Previous experience in a similar position would be highly beneficial.
- Self - starter and an ability to produce electrical deliverables with little input or guidance
- Good understanding with respect to international codes and standards and their application
- High level of competency with respect to electrical system design (Single line diagrams [SLD's], protection and control schemes)
- Experience of delivering the following deliverables - Specifications and Standards, SLD's, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS
- Familiarity with ETAP software packages would be essential for this role (load flow, short circuit, motor starting & harmonics for FEED level of study)
- Strong understanding of plant design and equipment layout
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, or related subject
- Chartered Engineer status preferred
- A proven track record in one or more of the following project phases: concept studies, FEED, Detailed Engineering (EPC) and PMC
- Computer literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of ETAP experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.