Would you like to work for a forward thinking technology company? Do you enjoy technical challenges? Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Partner with the best
As a Directional Driller, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Provide advice and direction to external customer and third-party wellsite colleagues as appropriate.
- Provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line tool(s) and service(s).
- Work offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and other locations as necessary.
- Act as a project leader and mentor junior Field Specialists.
- Under minimal supervision, provide direct instruction and supervision to junior Field Specialists on day-to-day wellsite work and activities.
- Maintain frequent intra-organizational and external customer contacts with a high degree of professionalism.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with BH HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Core Values.
- Execute other related duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of rig drilling experience in the Gulf of Mexico including Deepwater or shelf drilling
- 3+ years of experience with either or mechanical/digital reamer operations
- General knowledge of down-hole operations such as vibration mitigation, hydraulics, and drilling optimization.
- Must have or able to obtain a valid Passport
- Able to trouble shoot down-hole tool issues and or performance
- Intermediate computer skills for tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of basic trigonometric calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Directional Systems services at the well site.
- Experience running RSS and PDM's
- Ability to work in challenging Directional Systems environments and to provide complex solutions to the customer.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent customer awareness.
- Ability to relate to wellsite personnel at all levels, be a strong team member, and demonstrate leadership capability.
- Must be able to be on call 24/7 in all weather conditions and work without guaranteed days off or a structured schedule.
- Willingness to work out of district and live at well-sites for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Desired Characteristics:
Work in a way that works for you
- Two year Technical Degree.
- 4 years or more of Directional Drilling (DD) experience offshore Gulf of Mexico.
- 4 years or more experience functioning as a Lead Hand or Supervisor.
- Basic Directional Driller academy fundamental's class
- Availability to immediately deploy offshore (TWIC, HUET, ISN)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns: Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.