Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently seeking a number of Mechanical Designers / Draftspersons in order to grow its Perth Mining and Mineral group, in a full time role based in the Perth CBD.
As a critical member of the team, you will assist in delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects. We require a Mechanical Designer and also a Senior Mechanical Designer in a secondment role to our client office.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution.
As a key part of the Wood team, you will be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to:
- Creating models (in both 2D and 3D) and technical drawings of mechanical wet and dry plant layouts
- Taking concepts through to completion
- Turning initial sketches into detailed and complete design models and drawings
- Providing input into design and layout issues
- Ensuring designs are produced in accordance with client, discipline, statutory regulations, good practice and procedural requirements
- Liaison, support and timely transfer of information to other disciplines
- Responding to technical queries
- Acting as checker for other designers as required
Skills / Qualifications
To be the ideal candidate, you will have an understanding of Mining and Minerals processing, with a minimum of four years of experience. As part of this role, you can leverage off some of the industry's sharpest minds but you will join us with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects, a proactive nature, and willingness to learn. You will also have:
- Diploma or equivalent in design / drafting from a recognised institution
- Mechanical design drafting experience in the mining and minerals processing field, preferable
- Understanding of discipline technology and other discipline requirements
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Effective analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency in Microstation / Aecosim 2D and 3D Design tools
- Ability to work to a time frame and deliver on budget
- A commitment to HSE
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A desire to learn and develop
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're a Mechanical Designer, ready for a rewarding challenge, then Wood is keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.