At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Our Digital Solutions business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind to improve operations reliably and efficiently. This role within our manufacturing group, will ensure customer piece of mind through the development and improvement of test systems to enable rigorous product testing. The role will continuously strive for value through productivity using automation and technical advantage development. We are seeking an innovative individual with desired hardware and software skills to realize systems who relishes challenge and accomplishment.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
The Manufacturing Systems Engineer using his/her skills, will be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of critical supply chain test applications.
- Integration of industry 4.0 digital strategy to improve production KPI's through increased machine productivity and analytics.
- Proactively undertake refresh program for existing legacy applications to avoid hardware and software obsolescence.
- NPI, specify new product requirements to enable digital integrations into production test systems.
- Utilize electromechanical expertise to specify hardware and troubleshooting system-level problems.
- Work with a cross functional team of Manufacturing, Quality, Design and Material Engineers.
- As LabVIEW specialist, efficiently develop software in the LabVIEW programming environment for our extensive test systems.
- Develop system-level requirements into individual specifications for mechanical, electrical, and software components of a system and select appropriate hardware.
- Define state-of-the-art technologies to be developed and applied in current and future business opportunities
- Accurately scope time required to develop LabVIEW programs.
- Lead and execute LabVIEW manufacturing software refreshment program for existing applications.
- Practice effective revision control of programs that are developed.
- Effectively troubleshoot the systems associated with the LabVIEW program, such as the host PC, sensors, product, instrumentation, electrical junctions, etc.
- Identify hazards, control, and mitigate risk to ensure safety and effective system change management.
- Test prototypes and/or production systems. Analyze test results using SPC techniques.
- Without oversight, reliably document test results, design configurations, and similar data.
- Work on assigned tasks diligently and in a safe manner that protects yourself and others.
- Provide emergency assistance for repair and maintenance of production equipment
- Creating / updating, test procedures and specifications for release to manufacturing.
- Initiate BOM updates for changes in manufacturing documentation via ECM process.
- Minimum B.Eng. Electronics or equivalent degree in a related field of manufacturing or engineering
- Certified LabVIEW Developer or higher credential desired.
- At least 1400 hours of experience programming in LabVIEW.
- Test Engineering experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective multitasking in competing priorities.
- Good Understanding of test equipment - Oscilloscopes, pulse generators, impedance analyzers, Environmental Chambers, and other instrumentation.
- Solid digital communication protocol understanding for equipment control and data acquisition.
- System P&ID Generation via AutoCAD or Solid works or similar.
- Programming experience -Visual Basic, Access, C++
- Tableau / Power BI
- Good analytical, problem solving, and root-cause analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in SPC using Minitab, JMP and MS Excel or Access
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional team.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.