Do you enjoy solving complex design challenges?Do you enjoy creating engineering products?Join our Design Engineering team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.Partner with the best
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design activities of all auxiliary systems and equipment required for Gas Turbine driven trains. Auxiliary systems include steel base frames, piping, structures and process equipment such as pumps, motors, heat exchangers, filters, separators, BoP skids.
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will assure balance between design flexibility needs and strict product standardization adoption leading supply chain goals accomplishment, cost-out strategy implementation, site installation/service support.
As Lead Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Defining plant layout of gas turbine driven trains, including 3D modelling.
- Performing finite element analyses on base frames to validate preliminary design.
- Issuing technical documentation for assigned jobs with high focus on quality, completeness, consistency and alignment with customer and internal standards.
- Designing of mechanical auxiliary systems, performing the necessary calculations for systems sizing and components selection.
- Assigning tasks associated to products design to engineering external companies and monitoring progress.
- Supportin the manufacturing team during assembly phase.
- Attending design reviews and internal meetings with other functions to validate design.
- Collaborating with procurement for proper design to cost and with suppliers for performing technical alignments.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a master's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering with good experience in Engineering/Technology.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of industrial manufacturing process and materials
- Be a clear thinker: take decisions with speed and accuracy based on best available information.
- Show interpersonal skills and ability to interface effectively with different levels of the organization and external Customers.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to be self-directed, highly resilient, creative and solution oriented.
- Be fluent in English and Italian and hold an EU work permit.
Work in a way that works for you
- Master 3D modelling using CAD software (Siemens NX or similar).
- Demonstrate knowledge of International Codes and Standards for Energy and Oil & Gas industry (ASME, API, NACE, ASTM, ISO).
- Have the capability to model physic behavior through specific tools (CAESAR, Matlab/Simulink).
- Be skilled in Finite Element Analysis using ANSYS Mechanical.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.