Skills: Facilities Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Principal Building Services Engineer - HVAC, Glasgow
Wood process and energy are recruiting for an experienced Senior Building Services Engineer to work across various EPC contracts, based in Glasgow. This is a permanent opportunity to join us on a staff basis and be r esponsible for coordinating the engineering design and/or substantiation of HVAC and Building Service systems across multiple projects.
The role will suit an experienced engineer with experience of working in a safety case environment within the pharmaceutical industry or a similar highly regulated industry.
You will coordinate the engineering design and/or substantiation of HVAC and Building Service systems across multiple major projects including d esign studies, FEED and detail design, c onstruction and commissioning support.
Additionally you will be responsible for:
- Direction and development of others within the team.
- Responsible for calculations, schematics, equipment/ductwork/pipework sizing, containment systems.
- Estimating and planning of tasks.
- Support to Discipline Managers in recruitment, competency maintenance and compliance management.
- Ensuring delivery to timescale and budget.
- Preparation of and responsibility for design basis documents, fluid flow sheets.
- Interfaces to both internal multi-disciplinary teams, site teams and client representatives.
- Responsible for specification writing and engineering substantiation.
Skills / Qualifications
The appointed principal engineer will be able to work in a multidisciplinary environment with significant interactions across commissioning and construction teams. Able to present complex arguments in a structured manner for a varied audience with stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will be experienced in the production of and assurance associated with system design deliverables, i.e. Fluid Flow Diagrams (P&ID and D&IDs), Basis of Design (BoD), Plant Sizing Calculations (Heating/Cooling/Primary Driver Sizing), Control Philosophy.
- Appropriate qualifications in Mechanical Engineering e.g. MEng, BEng, or HND/HNC with demonstrable experience.
- Experience in integrating CAE design within BIM Modelling and processes.
- Knowledge and experience of HVAC, building services, Modular Design and Sustainability Practices.
- Experience of assurance and/or production of Design proposals and specifications.
- Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver Building Services designs.
- Experience of CAE packages in areas such as Building services design; ventilation design etc.
- Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes.
- Awareness/understanding of the purpose of Hazard and Risk documentation in the Pharma industries.
- Experience of contributing to the processes within Hazard and Risk documentation.
- Experience of pharmaceutical systems, preferably one or more of typical Building services piped systems and HVAC.
- Extensive experience in delivering systems design at all level on major framework and/or CAPEX type projects.
- Providing progress and budgetary control to projects and teams.
- Experience of CAD packages including AVEVA CAD Packages E3D, PDMS and Navisworks, Autodesk Revit, Autocad.
- Experience of planning and estimating Building Services tasks.
- Experience in integrating CAE design within BIM Modelling and processes
- Knowledge of UK Design Standards
- Experience of Design Substantiation, Modular Design and Sustainability Practices
- Experience in the delivery of written work, i.e Equipment Specifications, Design Assessment Reports (preferable)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.