Instrumentation Designer Technical Capabilities
- Requires specific knowledge of facility I&C standards and vendor equipment.
- Ability to develop simple and complex loop diagrams, instrument indexes, and wiring/connection diagrams.
- Ability to specify most control system instruments and develop construction scope for client specifications.
- Ability to properly design DCS and PLC installations, including control room layouts, networking systems, I/O Marshalling and Terminal Cabinets, power supplies, interposing relays, transducers and other instrument and control hardware and installations.
- Ability to detail electronic and pneumatic instrument installations and develop conduit routing in existing facilities.
- Understand process and logic control theory, loop and logic functionality; know how to design, install, test, and commission control system loops and circuits.
- Experience with loop walkdowns, control room verifications, factory acceptance tests and field start-ups
- Ability to outline the I&C requirements necessary for an instrument/control construction package and estimate design hours required to complete.
- Knowledge of the NEC to properly size and layout electrical distribution equipment and devices
- Properly size motor feeders, motor starters, feeder breakers, MCC, transformers, circuit breakers and panels (120 volts through 5kV)
- Understand short circuit requirements, perform voltage drop calculations, connected load calculations
- Generate new or modify existing conduit routing drawings, installation details.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.