Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for a Software Engineer / Developer to join our Energy, Optimisation and Innovation team. This is an immediate requirement, with the role based centrally in our Perth CBD office.
Reporting to the Predictive Maintenance Manager APAC, our successful candidate will join a carefully selected team of global talent that powers successful digital transformation in a practical and tangible way.
We are looking for individuals who will value the opportunity of working closely to support clients, and connect with our best global business, digital and deep domain experts, to work together to drive tangible outcomes.
About the role:
- Position requires analytical ability, creativity and judgment in analysing, developing and implementing software solutions to complex requirements
- Defines, recommends, and implements strategy and solutions which deliver customer value and satisfaction through software and Cloud
- Working with multi-disciplined teams to produce quality-centric outcomes and contributes to Product Management and planning activities, ensuring that development practices align with the business and end customer need
- Thoroughly understands and effectively executes existing software development practices, processes and procedures and develops/introduces new approaches as appropriate
- Ensures logical decision making and practical documentation is maintained for the project, highlighting and communicating key strategic decision points
- Working in the Technology and Engineering domain - leveraging a broad knowledge of the technology industry to c ontinually uplift the standard of engineering and the end product
Please note, that we will only accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa for Australia and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact Wood has on the global energy sector. As a member of the team you will demonstrate:
- 3 years experience as a Software Engineer / Developer with a track record of delivering software and high quality code
- Experience in building relationships with clients
- Developing Cloud Native Applications, Web Apps, and/or Integration Solutions
- Experience in designing, developing on, and managing Development Platforms hosted on Azure / AWS
- Experience in working with CI / CD Pipelines in Azure / AWS
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum environments
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, DevSecOps, Microservices,
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life-cycle
- Understanding of Software Testing and Quality Assurance standards
- Autonomous and natural leader
- Effective communication
- Team player
Additional experience will ideally include:
- Reliability Engineering
- IoT Platforms
- Mobile apps
- Software architecting
- Portfolio repo or github
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.