Skills: Legal, Environmental Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is expanding its Advisory Services business across the UK and Continental Europe. We have a number of exciting and influential ongoing projects and are currently recruiting for a Principal Consultant to work in our Policy and Economics team, with a focus on Chemicals Policy.
Our Environmental Policy and Economics Team is at the forefront of providing policy, technical and economic advice on the development and implementation of environmental policy and business response to policy. We work for customers such as the European Commission, European Environment Agency, National Governments across Europe, international organisations (e.g. World Bank), industry associations and companies. Our projects directly influence the development and improvement of environmental policies at national and international level.
We are looking to recruit a Principal Consultant to support and lead the delivery of projects and in winning new work in the field of Chemicals Policy. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to policy development, implementation and evaluation; cost-benefit analysis; model development; information/ data collection and analysis; stakeholder consultation; report writing and verbal presentation.
If you have: a keen interest and proven experience in public policy on chemicals; are able to analyse and interrogate data; and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing then we want to hear from you. This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
Applications from those with European language skills - in addition to a high professional standard of written and spoken English - are particularly welcome.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, excellent opportunities and personalised training for long term career development, a structured induction plan, opportunities for international travel and client interaction within both the public and private sectors. You will have the opportunity to influence environmental policy in a friendly, hardworking team within a global organisation. You will be joining the business at an exciting time and will play a key role in delivering our ambitious strategy for growth.
Skills / Qualifications
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science / technology, economics, engineering, law or policy
- Knowledge and proven experience working in development and/or implementation of chemicals policy and legislation (such as the REACH, CLP and POPs legislation)
- A keen interest in furthering your career in environmental policy and economics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English
- Demonstrable experience in some of the following: policy development and implementation; evaluation of technical / policy measures; cost-benefit analysis; data collection, validation and analysis; and stakeholder consultation (with a focus on chemicals policy)
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis, data / statistical modelling skills
- Analytical economic techniques such as: survey design and execution; market analysis; socio-economic analysis; regulatory impact assessment
- Scientific/technical experience in chemicals policy (e.g. exposure and risk assessment and management)
- Understanding of the development of public policy and the methods for assessing the economic and environmental impacts of government action
- Familiarity with national and international sources of government and business statistics
- Experience of chemical, environmental or policy analysis within a consultancy, government, research agency/think tank, NGO or private sector / industry organisation
- EU languages
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.