Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting a Senior Structural Designer to join our team in Brunei.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the execution and delivery of the Structural Design. This will include the use of relevant software such as PDMS E3D, preparing structural drawings with AutoCAD and also intelligent E3D models. This is an end to end rejuvenation scope and as such, will involve interfacing with other disciplines like, planning, construction, procurement, HVEC and client operations.
You will be expected to work in a multidiscipline team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount. Wood is looking at a right first-time approach and as such, we are looking for candidates who can rise to a challenge and are interested in being part of an innovative and driven team.
- Execute all Structural Engineering CAD activities as required by Lead Structural Engineer
- Must be able to perform site survey as required and prepare comprehensive site survey report
- Must be able to perform E3D modeling and prepare AutoCAD 2D drawings
- Preparation of Material Take Off
- Support senior designers and engineers where required and must be able to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Maintain technical integrity. Deliver and support a strong HSE culture
- Work within budget and schedule limits. Drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule
- Participate in relevant meetings, such as Model Review and Constructability Review
- Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met
- Utilize suitable technology to increase efficiency
- Ensure all work reflects the context of a Brownfield Rejuvenation Project
- Support the Lead Structural Engineer and Senior Designers in supervising younger Designers and Draughts persons
- Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
- Ensure documents are originated, checked, and approved by suitable competent personnel
- Keep up to date with latest procedures, BSP requirements and government legislation
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant qualification in draughting
- Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
- 10 years' experience related to the offshore oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 8 years working in a multi-discipline team environment
- Have solid experience in using E3D and also 2D CAD software
- Solid experience with AVEVA systems, especially PDMS/E3D
- Familiar with working with construction engineers and installation schemes
- Brownfield rejuvenation
- Worked in an EPC environment
- Working knowledge of BSP's standards and process flows
- Working knowledge of Shell's DEPs
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.