Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic and strategic thinking Lead Structural Engineer.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and supporting project delivery in the area of structural engineering from 'Define' and 'Execute' phase across Brunei Shell Petroleum Offshore Facilities Rejuvenation projects and act as discipline technical focal point for the client.
Role involves managing, developing, communicating and supporting Wood's engineering goals. Responsible for ensuring the right numbers, types and quality of technical resources required to support project delivery. Also responsible for managing resource productivity to target levels and ensuring high quality delivery performance.
Lead, guide, evaluate and develop a team of structural engineers to support engineering function to deliver engineering scope in compliance with all relevant contract procedures, standards, regulation and laws.
The candidate should have the experience in design & analysis of offshore structure as well construction support and onshore fabrication preferably in major brownfield environment across portfolio of projects. In addition, knowledge in project controls with commercial awareness and local talent development are also required.
- Manages and forecast structural engineering resources utilization, staffing levels and recruitment requirements
- Evaluation of staff capabilities identifying development and training needs
- Support local talent development targets
- Oversight on all technical structural engineering delivery
- Apply best engineering practices and ensures compliance with client and Wood procedures and standards
- Key discipline interface with Wood project delivery team and client
- Manages and coordinates discipline delivery from other Wood High Value Execution Centre Globally
- Ensure succession planning is kept up to date within the discipline
- Manage of all licensed engineering software requirements within the discipline
- Support proposal development and review
- Stewardship the discipline engineering strategy
- Manage the discipline participation critical reviews ; 3D model review & constructability review
- Perform annual appraisal of staff performance
- Maintaining and promoting Wood Values and Behaviors
- Lead, promote and implement discipline lessons learned on projects across the portfolio
- Promote high level of safety awareness and ensure compliance with contract HSSE Plan, procedures and standards
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Personal Traits
- Proven experience in leading and managing a pool of engineering resources in a multicultural environment
- Possess strong knowledge in offshore oil & gas 'Define' and 'Execute' engineering phase projects particularly in major brownfield environment
- Proven experience in onshore fabrication and offshore construction support particularly on lifting plans and site queries
- Possess strong knowledge in modelling and analysis with the proficiency in SACs software is required
- Possess the experience in Engineering, Procurement, Onshore Fabrication and Offshore Construction would be advantageous
- Familiar and sound knowledge in Shell DEP's ; DEM1 & DEM2 and Brunei Shell Petroleum BSP12 standards, procedures and guidelines would be beneficial
- Possess strong knowledge in global in-place analysis, pile design, lifting & installation analysis, local stress calculations, boat landing and deck extension design are essential
- Possess the ability to lead others, make decision and drive decision process in challenging environment especially during offshore turnaround is required
- Possess well-developed management and administrative skills
- Well organized with attention to detail, credible and decisive
- Strong knowledge in work and resource planning
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skill
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Offshore Structure) or equivalent
Minimum of 15 years in Oil & Gas of which 3 years have been spent in the overall coordination and supervision of leading sizeable engineering team. A registered professional engineer and a member with a recognized professional institution is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.