Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for an offshore Vibration Monitoring Technician with vibration analysis experience in the oil and gas or mining industry.
Work schedule of 21x21 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs - including on-site data collection, analysis, and determination of recommendations for rotating equipment
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and/or performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Provide support, mentoring and technical reviews for colleagues in the group in predictive and preventive maintenance practices
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilizing the latest in data analytics techniques
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures, troubleshooting projects and RCA
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years hands-on experience implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication and thermography.
- Able to work offshore on a steady rotation schedule with a high regard for, and practice of, safety and health at all times.
- Minimum ISO VCAT2 certification, as well as ICML and Thermography certification preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience of managing and/or implementing predictive maintenance strategies, including vibration analysis, lubrication, thermography, highly regarded.
- Recent experience in offshore Oil & Gas sector is highly desirable
- Proficiency in the latest data analytics tools and techniques and a good working knowledge of a wide range of rotating / reciprocating equipment
- Experienced user of SAP advantageous
- Client focused with good relationship building skills
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who nonetheless enjoys working as part of a supportive team
- High level of English literacy, report writing skills, and computer proficiency
- Committed to process compliance in practice management systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.