Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood is currently looking for a number of Commissioning Engineers to be assigned to our office in Reading. They shall primarily work on FEED deliverables on their assigned project but may also support associated operations and maintenance scope.
The individuals will report functionally to the Chief Engineer - Process Operations Support Services (POSS) and on the project to the Project POSS Lead. Scope will also include input to planning activity, provision of design input, 3D models review participation, etc.
Sound technical knowledge coupled with leadership and decision - making skills are required to ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets. You will be confident in your ability to deliver COMT scope for a project on time and within budget, whilst supporting other disciplines to achieve the same.
Key activities shall include:
- Ensuring that project execution is undertaken in compliance with corporate procedures and project schedules and that environmental and safety compliance is maintained
- Pre - commissioning systemisation and completions management
- Risk management methodologies including activity risk assessment and SIMOPS
- Planning support (pre - commissioning system based)
- Preparing and ensuring the quality of pre - commissioning, operations and maintenance deliverables including detailed procedures
- Acting as technical consultant on commissioning issues to other disciplines, including representation of the COMT discipline at engineering and THSE reviews
- Reviewing and reporting on performance progress
- Potential oversight of maintenance and integrity management analysis (e.g., RBI and RCM)
Skills / Qualifications
- Home office and site - based commissioning experience
- A successful career path in the refining / petrochemicals sector
- Proven strong character and self - motivated individual
- Proven experience in projects during all phases of development, i.e., from engineering design through to handover to client
- Proven ability to effectively engage with client / owner, project management and discipline engineers
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision, be technically strong and foster a positive and constructive team spirit
- Maintenance and / or Operations experience would be an advantage, as would a Chemical (or other appropriate) Engineering degree.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.