Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist with extensive experience in Biogeochemistry. Are you an environmental scientist with 10-15 years' experience who enjoys a mix of field, office and business development work? Are you looking to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a senior scientist to work with our water resource team in Florida. We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with strong technical scientific skills.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ecological and environmental field data collection
- Laboratory work
- Data analysis
- Report writing
Basic Required Qualifications
- Scientist with 10 to 15 years' experience
- Minimum MS Degree in environmental, soil and water sciences
- Knowledge in water resources, watershed restoration, statistics, biogeochemistry, limnology, permitting and water quality
- Knowledge in sediment sampling, sediment transport, sediment flux and nutrient sourcing
- Knowledge of urbanization and the consequential environmental impacts in Florida
- Proficiency in using ArcGIS
- Proficiency in environmental data evaluation and statistics
- Proficiency in understanding the market and business development
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to prepare reports and proposals
- Attention to detail
- MUST work well in Team environment
- Must be able to travel locally and out of area when necessary
- The position is located in FL
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood's driving (MVR) policy
Preference will be given to applicant who can show experience overseeing field and laboratory work, data analysis, writing reports, mentoring junior staff, and business development.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.