Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Financial Planning and Reporting Supervisor.
The Supervisor's role will lead and direct the Planning, Reporting, and Analysis team for global NDS operations. In conjunction with Senior Management, the position will have authority over the planning process and positioning the organization for strategic success. The scope of the position will include and be broken down into these functional areas: Planning - Forecasting/Budgeting, Financial Systems, Decision Support/Analysis/Reporting, and Administration.
- Planning - Forecasting/Budgeting
- Lead quarterly and annual planning processes (Income statement, balance sheet, and capital)
- Strategically review planning outputs to ensure identification of opportunities and risks
- Financial Systems Support
- Manage relationship with IT and Finance to improve flow of financial and statistical data
- Lead projects to extend Nabors' financial and administrative systems - ensuring proper change management in order to secure subsequent efficiencies
- Decision Support/Analysis/Reporting
- Develop, implement and maintain enhanced reporting with utmost attention to timeliness, quality and usefulness of information for Sr. Management decision-making - both day to day and strategic in nature
- Provide management with insightful data for decision support and improved operations
- Proactively review financial results and trends to identify opportunities for optimizing financial performance
- Lead and manage team (2 analysts) in developing technical skills and competencies by effectively advocating, implementing, and supporting changes in processes and initiatives
- Liaise with department heads to ensure understanding of current business developments and trends (financial, payroll, HR, supply chain, etc.)
- Overtime will be necessary during monthly closing, forecasting and special projects
- Assist with/coordinate special projects or responsibilities, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis in a complex corporate environment
- Ability to effectively manage/execute the organizations' planning & analysis processes along with the ability to lead, direct, motivate and develop a team of skilled finance professionals
- Extensive analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and resources
- Experience in the oil field services industry strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Exhibit the confidence to interact with all levels of the organization, including both internal and external clients/partners
- Capability of working in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Broad experience in reporting financial status to Sr. management monthly and quarterly - by developing budgets, preparing projections/forecast, reporting actual results, analyzing variances and developing improvements plans.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity unique and challenging business problems, with the ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Note, the physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is required frequently to use hands and digits to handle or feel work material and type. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk short distances, sometimes over uneven terrain.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs