Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Longmont, Colorado, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories, and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Would you like to be involved in designing innovative products?
Do you enjoy solving complex design challenges?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team!
Baker Hughes Nexus Controls offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible.
Partner with the best
As an HMI ( Human Machine Interface) Engineer, you will take ownership of the technical scope of projects from order through design and build of our systems to supporting commissioning. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet customer needs and help to bring energy to the world.
As HMI ( Human Machine Interface) Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens for turbine control retrofit, Balance of Plant (BOP) and HMI upgrade projects using a variety of HMI software packages
- Providing technical support to software engineers in meeting customer needs on HMI applications and cyber asset requirements
- Designing, implementing and supporting industrial communication networks for control system applications
- Providing system design engineering as required to facilitate the ordering, engineering, installation (construction) design and commissioning of control systems and industrial networks
- Supporting Engineering Services field personnel in the technical resolution of field problems
- Providing assistance with quality assurance on projects
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors' Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience working with HMI Software
The pay range for this role will be: Professional Band 2
You will be eligible to participate in the Baker Hughes Fullstream Short-Term incentive program applicable for the above position. The actual payout for your short-term incentive award will be based on company and individual performance and is contingent upon Baker Hughes achieving pre-determined financial results.
You will be eligible to participate in Company-sponsored benefit programs, including health & welfare programs and the Thrift Plan (401k). You will have a choice of coverage options that best suit your needs. Coverage options and contribution amounts are related to your benefit elections, base salary level, and specific requirements of each of these plans.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In the Senior Director, Business Productivity Platforms Product Manager, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.