Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a General Laborer to join our team in Louisville, Kentucky.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Will be knowledgeable of and follow all safety rules, procedures and practices.
- Will, when directed by supervision, report to assigned locations for the purpose of receiving
training and will actively participate in the training activities.
- Will carry out assignments in training for and / or performing fire response and first aid.
- Will, during the normal performance of his duties, watch for and promptly report to supervision
any damaged or defective equipment or conditions which may cause damage or injury.
- Will keep all equipment, tools, materials and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Will report as directed to any facility for any shift where needed.
- Will perform work in a responsible and cooperative manner to facilitate a positive working
- Will compile information and generate reports, forms and documents as required.
- Conduct light/general maintenance plant-wide
- Conduct industrial cleaning duties as directed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervision
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be willing to work inside and outside under varying weather conditions.
- Three to five years' experience in heavy industrial / power plant environment preferred
- General working knowledge of power plant operations preferred
- Familiar with basic maintenance requirements for equipment operated with ability to perform
some routine maintenance procedures
- Ability to work shift schedule
- Understanding of OSHA safety rules in heavy industrial / power plant environment
- Employee must maintain high standard of conduct and appearance. Clothing must fit properly
and shirts must be tucked in for safety reasons.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.