Posted: Dec 06, 2021
Posted: Dec 06, 2021
Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Tech Prof Leader-Technology - Electrical
Under broad direction, supervises engineers and/or other technical staff members. Provides technical guidance to the group consisting of analog/digital electronics, firmware, power electronics and electrical systems design engineers & technicians. Conducts goal setting and performance appraisals of personnel. Leads the team in executing various wireline projects and/or initiatives (e.g., standards, best practices, lessons learned). Utilizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments. Executes tactical action plans as set by department goals and objectives. Manage the development team to ensure delivery. Possesses thorough understanding of the electrical technology and broad understanding of wireline development tools. This person will have responsibility for identifying and filling technological and functional requirements. The technical leader will be also be capable of managing outside consultants in developing solutions and coordinate project design and milestone reviews. Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process. Understands and promotes HES's quality directives. Though this individual's focus will be technical leadership, he/she will perform development tasks maintaining their development expertise. Job role has budgetary accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center's viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Skills are typically acquired through a undergraduate degree in Electrical, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 8 years related experience or through 12 years of related experience.
- Responsible for Wireline Downhole Sensing team's delivery on projects, ensuring timeliness, cost and quality while maintaining highest safety standards.
- Actively identify skill gaps, recruit & retain talent.
- Schedule regular Check-ins with team members and manage team's performance. Lead team's talent recognition, rewards and retention efforts.
- Assign resources to design/development projects and act as technical lead and facilitate in design decision making. Perform upfront design trade-offs and choose better design paths, utilizing broad knowledge of analog/digital/power electronics, electrical systems and firmware. Present outcome of the design trade-offs in design review meetings.
- Proactively engage with the design team and remove roadblocks, resolve issues & define priorities for the assigned team. Facilitate cross-functional coordination, as required for execution of the assigned project, by working with Sensor Physics & Mechanical disciplines.
- Participate in design reviews along with Chief Engineers and follow-up on action items. Ensure adherence to design process.
- Support Project Managers on their goals to complete Design Reviews, Stage Gate Reviews, monthly project reviews, and regular schedule projection and updates. Identify cost/schedule risks, propose and execute mitigations.
- Provide technical support for Manufacturing during pre-production builds, as well as for Sustaining Engineering .
- Promote innovation within team and ensure intellectual property protection by submission of invention disclosures by team members.
- Manage procurement/maintenance/calibration of test equipment and fixtures.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 107798
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Wireline and Perforating
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.