Skills: Noise & Vibration Control, Painting / Coating / Blasting
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pasadena, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Insulator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. You must be able to cover boilers, pipes, tanks, and refrigeration units with insulating materials, such as fiberglass, cord, plastic, and Follow the rules of safe conduct at all times.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, and specifications.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to interpret paint specifications
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of appropriate personal protective equipment for the craft
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in various methods of surface preparation as listed:
- Abrasive Blasting per SSPC/Nace Standards
- Wet Abrasive Blasting per SSPC/Nace Standards
- Power and Hand Tool Cleaning per SSPC/Nace Standards
- Demonstrate ability not only to identify equipment problems, but to clean, repair and reassemble correctly: spray guns, hose, breathing hoods, paint pots, and agitator.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in various safe and efficient methods of application of protective coatings as listed:
- Conventional Air
- Smooth surfaces, using sandpaper, scrapers, brushes, steel wool, and/or sanding machines
- Read specifications or receive instructions from supervisors or clients in order to determine work requirements
- Apply coatings such as inorganic zincs, epoxy coatings, and polyurethane finishes
- Apply coatings and other finishes to equipment, buildings, piping, equipment, tanks, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during abrasive blasting and painting operations
- The employee must participate in safety meetings, safety programs and the quality process
- The employee must clean up all the work area at the end of the day or at the completion of the job
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Positions require working in climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work
- Employees must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships
- The employee must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- The ability to work in elevated positions is a must
- The employee must be able to work in confined spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield
- The heavy work demands will require up to 100 pounds of force to be exerted occasionally and up to 50 pounds of force to be exerted frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force to be exerted constantly to move objects
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Demonstrate ability to use standard and/or metric rule to measure
Years of Craft Experience
1- 2 Yr. Journeyman Exp
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.