San Diego, California, United States
San Diego, California, United States
Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
Wood is recruiting a Senior Environmental Planner to serve as key member of Environmental Planning Team in California, with focus on project delivery, business development, technical proposal preparation, and staff management / growth. Core qualifications include proven management and preparation of documentation compliant with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the full range of levels of analyses. Further, successful candidates should show experience proven experience with the Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, Clean Water Act, and related environmental regulations - through preparation of effects determinations, permit support, and related agency coordination and consultation. Specific experience with the Department of Homeland Security (FEMA, Coast Guard), Department of Interior bureaus, and Department of Defense.
Specific tasks would include preparing and adhering to scopes, schedules, budgets, completing or overseeing all components of environmental documentation, and managing and mentoring junior and mid-level staff. Will work collaboratively with Environmental Planning leadership and technical staff throughout California, the West US, and nationwide.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of medium-to-large sized projects, encompassing development of proposals, including development of scope of work/technical approach, budget, and schedule
- Liaison with client, agencies, and consultant team members
- Mentoring junior staff
- The ability to work effectively and independently in a NEPA and / or CEQA project manager role
- Solid understanding of NEPA and / or CEQA requirements and processes
- Attention and commitment to timely completion of high-quality work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience with NEPA and CEQA
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience with marketing, proposals, and business development
- 10+ years increasingly responsible experience in technical field
- BS/BA in environmental studies, planning, natural resources, or related field (MA in related field may substitute for some experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.