Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Knutsford, England, United Kingdom
Wood Plc is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer to join Resilient Environmental. Our Resilient Environmental team provides a wide range of consulting and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of solid waste management and treatment.
Our Process Engineering Team is looking to expand, increasing its skill base in the provision of waste and associated environmental management process design.
The role requires:
- Undertaking the role of Subject Matter Expert (Waste Treatment) leading in provision of specialist technical direction and guidance
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the treatment of municipal solid waste i.e. storage, recycling and treatment technologies especially energy recovery and conversion of waste to fuel; knowledge of the industrial sector is beneficial
- Knowledge and experience of Thermal Treatment, Anaerobic digestion and Composting technologies and subsequent Environmental compliance systems
- Experience in the development of technical solutions from concept selection, through design development, installation and commissioning
- Familiarity in carrying out site investigation, problem identification and solution development
- Managing all aspects of process design/engineering packages
- The ability to work and lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including managing the input of more junior process engineers
- Effective input into business development and drafting of proposals
- The ability to liaise directly with clients' personnel
- Flexibility in being able to operate in other technical sectors is encouraged within Wood plc, such as renewables, water and wastewater treatment
As part of your package, we offer the following benefits:
- Support and guidance of development beyond chartership, from leading UK experts
- Company car or car allowance
- Generous pension package
- Voluntary Flexible Benefits Scheme (dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, technology benefits, just to name a few!)
- Access to Season Ticket Loan Scheme for travel in and around your base office location.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) minimum in process engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Chemistry), with membership of an appropriate professional institution
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills and have significant experience with a demonstrable track record in waste treatment works design and, possibly operations
- Able to work effectively within multidisciplinary design teams and demonstrate effective leadership of process design, managing junior engineers and coordinating input from other disciplines
- Business case preparation and delivery
- Experienced in building and maintaining strong customer relationships and effectively contributing to proposal writing and business development initiatives
- Capable of multidisciplinary submissions reviews and/or validation
- Experience in one of, or several of, EfW, MBT, AD, IVC, MRF, OWC
- Due to COVID safety precautions, work from home will be preferred
- Ideal office location will be Knutsford, Cheshire once the restrictions are fully over
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.