Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Conducts ultrasonic, magnetic particle and visual inspections on Drilling Equipment to identify incoherence according to company procedures.
- Comply with the company's Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares and sets up necessary equipment to carry out specific examination.
- Calibrates and adjusts equipment to required standards and settings.
- Carries out examination in accordance with company procedures, national and international standards.
- Carries out visual inspections and codes the various tools in accordance with company procedures.
- Marks defective areas of part or product and prepares report of inspection.
- Configures and operates computerized inspection equipment.
- Responsible for general housekeeping.
- Cover for Inspection Supervisor if required.
- Additional duties may be required within job holder's area of competence to fulfil the company's needs.
ITS operates an Integrated Management System (IMS) at all operational facilities to meet their business, legal and moral HSEQ obligations. All personnel are required to work in full compliance with the requirements set out in the ITS Group IMS, this will include as a minimum.
- Ensuring that work is carried out in compliance with company Quality, Health Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Not undertaking any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
- Ensuring the highest standard of workmanship produced is in accordance with the company expectations and as per customer, regulatory standards and specification.
- Promoting good health, safety and environmental practices throughout all company activities.
- Wearing the assigned Personal Protective Equipment required.
- Taking care to prevent harm to themselves, colleagues and others and the environment that may be caused by our acts or omissions.
- Keeping the work area neat, organized & free of trip and other hazards.
- Reporting hazards in plant, equipment and other work place, or short comings in the existing controls, to a superior without delay.
- Supporting continual improvement of the integrated management system by expressing better and safer ways to perform tasks and improve policies and procedures.
- Participate in HSEQ training required to meet minimum identified for position undertaken
- Attending Toolbox Talks, HSEQ meetings and trainings as and when required.
- To report any unsafe behaviors to their immediate Supervisor or Safety representative. Where there may be conflict report directly to facility HSEQ Manager.
- Authority on HSEQ grounds to stop operations or delivery of product on the existence of an immediate risk of harm to personnel or environmental pollution and damage to property.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Secondary School Education or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Manual Handling
- Strong Verbal & Written Skills
- Demonstrated competency in various NDT Techniques
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- HSE Competency: As specified for the position.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.