SPEMOCEAN PTE LTD is a labour force solution to obtain and deliver the top-notch talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the exceptional needs of our clients.
We are actively looking for Chief Mechanic for our operation in Indonesia.
• Perform daily inspections and maintenance of mechanical equipment
• Organize and promote the Rig Maintenance System (RMS)
• Carry out periodic maintenance according to the RMS guidelines and coordinate same with supervisors and other department heads
• Maintain and repair power plants and monitor power distribution-ensure power is available at all times
• Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
• Troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drilling equipment and tools
• Assist in maintaining marine equipment, i.e. cranes, thrusters, ballast pumps and valves, auxiliary equipment, etc.
• Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are followed
• Implement the follow-up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management
• Assist in ensuring that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig
• Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfil maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
• Supply information to assist in the development of maintenance and repair budget
• Ensure that service, maintenance and other operational reports are accurate and complete
• Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
• Plan and coordinate with other departments prior to any major activity such as rig moves, running and retrieving BOP, etc.
• Carry out classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery
• Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Technical