Would you like to help shape Baker Hughes' commercial and strategic direction? Are you a commercial expert that looking for a new challenge? Join our Oilfield Equipment Team!
Our Oilfield Equipment - Subsea Production Systems division works closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. In conjunction with our client, Baker Hughes is delivering an important and iconic project in the APACI region. Our client is a large well-known regional oil and gas operator requiring our integrated consortium to deliver a major field expansion. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team delivering Baker Hughes's global strategic objective of integrated projects. Partner with the best
As a Commercial Manager, you will be based at the project office. You will be client facing and a leading member of the project management team accountable to deliver beneficial outcomes for the client and Baker Hughes. Reporting to the Regional OTR Commercial Leader APACI, and operationally supporting the Project Director, the Commercial Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction within the multi discipline project.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Managing contracts and operational commercial matters
- Leading the Commercial interface with project partners as well as internal business units (Finance, Planning, Sourcing, Legal and Product Line Centre's of Excellence)
- Leading management of change control systems and managing associated activities in line with contractual requirements.
- Providing advice, assistance and guidance to senior management, project managers and functional leaders on project to effect positive commercial outcomes.
- Identifying & managing commercial risks and across the project scopes.
- Deputise for the Project Director as required.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- University degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Commerce, Cost Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law with 8 - 10+ years experience in Construction Projects & Contract Management, Procurement and Sourcing
- Have proven substantial contract management experience in a capital construction project environment.
- Have strong commercial leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
- Have working knowledge of the key legal risk areas for project environment goods and services agreements.
- Have experience in working closely with stakeholders to drive resolution on complex issues.
- Have technical product knowledge: understanding of subsea production systems is an added advantage
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.