Posted: Sep 19, 2021
Posted: Sep 19, 2021
Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking for a Cost Engineer to strengthen our team in Abu Dhabi.
- To provide all aspects of project cost control, cost reporting, cost forecasting and project estimating for the contract
- Maintenance of project WBS, preparation and issue of costs reports, analysis of cost performance and variances, development of costs forecasts. Preparation of project cost estimates based on information provided
- Provide effective cost control and cost management in alignment with the WBS
- Establish project budgets in the cost management system in accordance with approved scope cost estimates
- Manage the assignment cost code allocations and initial budget set-up and approvals
- Develop and maintain project cost database and plans
- Prepare and issue monthly cost reports
- Support budget preparation, cost estimating and reporting
- Develops project norms based on local market
- Prepares and issues project cost estimates
- Ensure that all estimates are reviewed, checked and peer reviewed where applicable
- Interfaces with project engineers, construction personnel and organizational costumers to collect, update and reports all cost information for projects in assigned area
- Analyses project cost and schedule information and communicate performance and recommend corrective actions as required
- Records and monitors project cost commitments, including engineering effort, contracting activities and equipment and material procurement
- Records and assists in quantifying the impact of project scopes changes
- Ensures financial close out of all Call Off Orders received from the customer
- Attend weekly progress meeting.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering, QS or business related degree preferred
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in oil and gas facilities projects
- Candidate shall have previously held the position of Cost Engineer and ideally shall have worked on at least one major project involving the production and processing of hydrocarbons
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage, but not essential
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.