Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an intermediate Construction Design Specialist to provide CAD Design services to support our highways / transportation teams in Saskatchewan.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in preparing construction drawings for transportation, civil, structural, geotechnical and environmental projects.
Ideally, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience - and will possess a thorough understanding of AutoCAD.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for drawing preparation from conceptual details to working layout drawings for a variety of projects.
- Drawings will include:
- Highway design/re-design
- Site plans
- Civil Earthwork Design
- Design Cross Sections, Alignments and Profiles.
- Other tasks may include CAD support to project engineers/managers with report preparation and technical presentations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma from a recognized community college
- Minimum - 5 years of experience in Transportation or Civil design and drafting
- Experience working with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure drafting standards is required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and RoadEng
- Experience with Bentley MicroStation is an asset
- Experience with civil and/or earthwork construction drawings
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.