Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for Electrical Control Engineers to join our team in Warren, MI. This position will report to the appropriate manager.
We are looking for Electrical Control Engineers that must be able to perform the design of control systems, from start to finish, as well as the engineering and field start up for the "System Integration in the Electrical Controls" Industry for manufacturing. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are absolutely necessary. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with solid experience as a systems integrator, who is looking for career growth with a major organization.
- Performing Design of Automation control systems, requirements which will include:
- Review specifications and standard practices.
- Establishing non-standard designs as required.
- Follow internal and customer standards as required
- Create system map layouts, sequence of operations, drawing packages, PLC logic, and HMI screens.
- Specify Panel and field material by creating Electrical Bill of Material's (EBM's)
- Field duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in installation oversight
- Start-up and Debug at customers facilities
- Launch and Standby support
- Team Lead
- Oversee and direct other Engineering Team members
- Perform Engineering checking duties
- Interface with customer on design criteria and approval processes
Skills / Qualifications
- Education: Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering & Technology, or equivalent relevant work experience with a technical degree
- 5+ years of "industry" experience working for a systems integrator; must include control panel and circuit design (in it's totality)
- non-standard designs, system map layouts, sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time, studies and dimension switch layouts,
- design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart Displays
- Knowledge of System Architecture, including non-standard material, control panel power requirements and/or distribution
- Capable of reviewing the specifications and standard practices (internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work)
- Technical knowledge and skills required :
- RSLogix 5, Studio 5000
- RS Networx for EtherNet IP
- DriveExecutive, DriveExplorer
- RSView Studio and FactoryTalk
- Technical knowledge/skills considered an asset: Ford NextGen standards; Microsoft Office Suite
- Capable of assisting with installation, and debugging with no additional support
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.