Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer, Project Controls
Other Skills: Cost control, budget control, planning
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer for our Glasgow office to undertake the day-to-day running of single or multiple projects through the entire project lifecycle, within budget and set timescales. You will oversee all aspects of projects using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. You will provide analysis on projects, including gathering client and user requirements and defining functional requirements. Provision of ongoing support of solutions post-deployment. Working with project teams, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarising progress of the project to the Projects Manager. Informing the Projects Manager of future resource requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience, sound knowledge and understanding in the management of Projects with knowledge on programme management and working to strict project budgets. Candidates should possess a solid commercial footing with a strong focus on cost control, a project management mindset and experience dealing with clients and supply chains.
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Responsible for planning of projects under your control in order to accomplish goals and produce the products required within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- Continuously monitor progress in terms of the status of the plan and the budget and report back to the senior management via weekly status reports and meetings.
- Deliver leadership and direction to supporting departments ensuring they are optimised and coordinated in a cost-effective manner in line with work-stream requirements, ensure all participants are aware of deadlines and action items required of them each week.
- Manage all project issues including planning, forecasting, scheduling and personnel management to ensure the smooth running and effective delivery of services to customer base.
- Implement rigorous project management methodologies and project controls, including creation and use of Gantt charts, spreadsheets or other appropriate tools to manage people and tasks and keep up to date.
- To be instrumental in continuous improvement of project standards and processes to improve efficiency.
- Influencing teams to ensure on target delivery through leadership skills.
- Liaise, advise and report to other members of the Senior Management Team to provide strong cross- functional business operations support to all departments within the Hydrasun Organisation.
- Provide input of a financial and commercial nature to assist in the financial management of the Company.
- Develop and implement a positive safety culture.
- Ensure compliance with Hydrasun Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Systems.
- Acts as company/project representative to the client as and when required.
- Assists in developing training and career development programs for personal under your direct control within the Projects Department.
- Has an understanding of the project budget through a review and analysis process.
- Preparation of commercial and schedule reports.
Hydrasun is a leading specialist provider of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions to the energy industries, successfully delivering flexible hose, integrated instrumentation products, umbilical solutions and integrity management services worldwide.
Our product and service offering is driven by customer requirements to continuously improve safety, quality, technical integrity, reliability, environmental awareness and value for money. Through our established global network of operational bases and partnerships we offer:
•Umbilicals & Subsea Connectors
•Hydraulic Power & Control
•Instrumentation & Process Control
•Engineering & Technical Support
Hydrasun currently exports to around 60 countries, which has included developing significant sales in countries such as Angola, Brazil and USA. The company has international operational bases established in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, UAE, Brazil and The Netherlands as well as a further presence in West Africa and the US Gulf of Mexico.
The company’s global staff numbers have increased by around 100 in the past year to a total workforce of nearly 600 currently.
Hydrasun was recently awarded the coveted Overall Global Business of the Year at the Northern Star Business Awards 2012, along with awards for Achievement in International Business and Outstanding Contribution to Society.