Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure's Phoenix, AZ team has an immediate opening for a Mid to Senior Instrumentation & Control System Engineer
to primarily support water/wastewater projects and mechanical facilities upgrade projects in the power, industrial, and municipal sectors. The engineer will also support the needs for this discipline related to other sector projects as the need arises.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality. Responsibilities:
Skills / Qualifications
- Typically function as technical Instrumentation and Controls Lead on projects.
- Design and provide construction engineering support for Instrumentation and Controls for process systems.
- Experience with the design and construction of various manufacturer's PLC systems.
- Experience with the design and construction of various manufacturer's DCS systems.
- Field experience with process plant startup and commissioning.
- Lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment.
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Prepare material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Responsible for the review of electrical, instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers.
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams ( P&IDs) and equipment package specifications.
- Help determine engineering deliverables, budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications.
- Mentor other engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and career growth.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or related field) from ABET accredited program.
- EIT registration with the intent to secure Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Arizona, or the ability to secure this registration within 12 months of hire, is required.
- Preference to candidates with experience in the 8 to 20+ years range.
- Design-Build project execution experience desirable.
- Knowledge of applicable design standards governing corresponding design work, such as API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE.
- Experience with industrial (mining) water facilities and projects is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current industry trends and technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.