Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 25 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood is seeking an Architectural Designer to join our design team in Portland, Maine. The ideal candidate will be energetic and have excellent communication skills, a passion for sustainable design, and technical architectural competency. Being well organized, proactive, and able to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment is important.
The Architectural Designer will be responsible for development of bid sets working with multi-disciplinary project teams from concept design through completion of construction. Projects include building renovations and new construction for Federal and State office buildings, museums, and visitor facilities; industrial office space, warehouses, and maintenance facilities, and high-security government and radar facilities.
- Support Architects with d eveloping 2D and 3D presentation graphics and design and construction drawings
- Support studies and design development for a wide variety of facilities though the entire project life cycle
- Visit project sites to assess and document existing conditions
- Conduct code analyses, author reports, and develop aspects of technical architectural design under direction of a Senior Architect
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in an Architecture- or Interior Design- related field
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite
- BIM experience
- Competency in technical aspects of facility design, from programming through construction services
- Interest to work in support of engineering-driven projects as well as architecturally driven projects
- Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Architecture degree from a NAAB-accredited Architectural program or Master's degree in an Architecture-related field
- Enrolled in NCARB's AXP program, pursuing architectural registration
- Civilian Federal Agency and DoD project experience
- Green Building Certification, LEED accreditation and/or WELL accreditation preferred
*This position does not offer Visa sponsorship
As the successful candidate, you will join an established architecture team of 10-people that has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow. We are an AIA New England Emerging Professional Friendly Firm composed of a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find sustainable solutions for our diverse and increasing customer base. Our team is recognized as a leader in architectural design nationwide within Wood and is known in the industry for delivering high-quality designs with technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Portland, Maine team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like, flexible work environment while also having a large international organization's structure, resources, and opportunities. This is an opportunity to work with our talented Architects and Engineers in one of Wood's focused growth areas. If this appeals to you, we would like the opportunity to discuss with you further as we grow our team to support our current workload and advance strategic planning towards our future vision.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.