Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer (Department Manager) to lead and help grow our civil design team within our 75+ person Atlanta-area Design Center based in Kennesaw, Georgia. Our civil team includes 15 engineers and designers who deliver engineering and consulting projects to a diverse base of municipal, state, federal, commercial and industrial clients. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and the opportunity to collaborate across our 130+ North American offices.
Why join our Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse client base. Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects and Engineers make us known in the industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. Our Kennesaw, Georgia team takes pride in maintaining a family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. We are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision.
Wood is seeking an energetic Senior Civil Engineer who will fuel growth of our civil engineering department while contributing to technical development of civil engineering designs, drainage plans, erosion and sediment control designs, stormwater models, and permit applications for a wide variety of projects. Recent and ongoing projects include mixed-use developments, industrial facilities, new/restored buildings, parks, trails, veteran's cemeteries, landfill caps, water/wastewater/stormwater infrastructure improvements, and federal facilities. The position will primarily work in an office/home office setting but may require occasional travel to client facilities in support of business development and project-related activities.
- Be a key contributor to new business development and growth of Wood's local Civil Engineering delivery team
- Directly supervise a team of approximately 15 personnel
- Lead, coordinate, and manage projects and teams to deliver on-time and within budget
- Lead civil engineering design activities within multidiscipline design teams
- Conduct independent technical reviews of civil related design and construction deliverables
- Prepare or direct and review engineering design calculations and technical reports
- Prepare or direct and review documents for local, state and federal site-related permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a high-quality, safe, professional and ethical manner
- Coach and mentor Junior Civil Engineers and Civil Designers
- Participate in business and financial planning
Skills / Qualifications
- Interest and aptitude in supervising and fostering the development of a team; prior line management experience a plus
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in civil engineering
- Professional Civil Engineer registration
- 10+ years' civil consulting experience preferred
- Diverse project experience in civil engineering and multi-discipline project execution
- Expertise through past experience in developing new business opportunities and client proposals
- Expertise through past experience in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in an agile work environment with personnel delivering from multiple locations
- Project management experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Client (internal and external) service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.