Posted: Sep 17, 2021
Posted: Sep 17, 2021
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Traverse City, Michigan, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our team in Traverse City, MI.
Are you a Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 10 to 15 years environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking for a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our Traverse City, MI team and are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization with unlimited career opportunities. At the same time, each location takes pride in maintaining a close collaborative environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, with a deep bench of knowledgeable and skilled Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, and Data Visualization Specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
- Manages the development of work scope, schedule, and budget definition for proposals
- Directs the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement
- Assists the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Prepare reports, work plans, health and safety plans, and quality control plans under the supervision of senior staff
- Performs data quality assurance review of field and laboratory work product to determine whether data quality objectives have been met
- Direct multi-media sampling, including soil, groundwater, vapor, indoor air, asbestos, and other regulated materials
- Assists the Project Manager on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project in the field as well as in the office (i.e., task management)
- Evaluates compliance of subcontractor work against technical specifications and scopes of work
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management
- Conducts moderately complex scientific assessment and analysis
- Prepares or assists in preparing remedial investigation reports, remedial/corrective action plans, remedial designs, due diligence reports, and related documents; Includes work summaries, data summaries, data synthesis (e.g., conceptual site models), engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text
- Assists Project Manager with cost and schedule control
- Reviews payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and other subcontractor submittals
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects
- The position may entail approximately 90% office work and 10% field work on a variety of projects, primarily for industrial and commercial clients
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science or related field. P.G, or CPG preferable (or willingness to attain license)
- 10 - 15 years environmental consulting experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Surfer, ESRI GIS software, or other contouring and database software
- Proficient in pumping test and slug test analysis
- Some experience with analytical models (e.g., REMChlor, BIOChlor, etc.)
- Some experience with numerical models (e.g., MODFLOW, MODPATH, etc.)
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Proficient in problem solving and deriving meaning from data.
- Willingness and ability to interact with regulatory agencies, stakeholders and clients and develop effective teamwork relationships
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Michigan and surrounding states in the Great Lakes area
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.