At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.Join our Digital Solutions Team
Baker Hughes Nexus Controls offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of control system and machine condition monitoring and protection hardware, software, and services that help achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible. Our Team supports the supply chain management.Partner with the best
We are recruiting a Lead Software Engineer into our Engineering Technology Team supporting projects in industries. With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied teamwork and being challenged in technical problem solving.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Work Experience Fuel your passion
- Be responsible for Control System platform Software and HMI (Human Machine Interface) Software design, development and product support; Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast pace. Participate in all stages of development from brainstorming through feature development, all the way to fixing the bugs under a tight release deadline. Produce clear design, excellent implementation and high quality code.
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision; Support PLLs and Controlled Title Holders (CTHs) to develop multi generation software technology plans.
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories, lead the team to deliver on required timelines and quality standards, and drive increased efficiency across the teams, leverage product and technology reuse.
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across business team and with PLLs.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assignments consistent with engineering policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience of software development for BS degree candidates; and minimum 3 years for MS degree candidates
- C++/C/MFC/C# design skill is required
- Knowledge of DCS system is a plus
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.