Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Redcar, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a contractor to provide TAR / Shutdown Project Engineering services for a period of 6 months based in Redcar. The requirements require extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry working on onshore TAR / Shutdown projects
Support delivery of engineering excellence in their assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the engineering for an assigned project scope to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
Coordinates a series of activities performed by engineers, designers and others from multiple engineering disciplines to support the timely issuing of engineering deliverables to meet project specifications.
• Ensures engineering disciplines comply with all applicable quality and HSE requirements in preparation of deliverables.
• Schedule preparation, planning and resource forecasting for engineering activities relating to the project.
• Ensures accurate and timely delivery of work and resolves minor delays and change to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
• Alerts Project Manager in the event of major delays or change; revises scope and supports implementation of approved changes.
• Coordinates and assures technical excellence of interdisciplinary project deliverables
Skills / Qualifications
ISCED Level 6 Bachelor's (minimum) degree or Level 7 Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Good understanding of technical work scope, key dates and milestones. es and c ompletely familiar with project contractual and commercial requirements.
• Fully conversant with project scopes and work carried out by all engineering disciplines and various interface and inter discipline coordination requirements among the various disciplines including procurement and construction.
• Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and is able to deliver to internal customers including other Engineering disciplines.
• Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and govern Engineering Management and Project Engineering deliverables.
• Understands the importance of Project Engineering deliverables and the need for accuracy and timely issue.
• Commercially astute and aware of the importance of Change control.
• Has a good knowledge of engineering standards, procedures and work practices; follows, project execution flow chart; developing skills in project and technical execution.
• Able to lead small team; develops skills of leadership with minimum intervention from manager.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.