Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Posted: Nov 12, 2021
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for sales of Integrity Management & Digital Solutions (IMDS) products and services within a designated group of accounts. Ensure clients derive maximum value from our services and grow Oceaneering (OII) share of account spend. Work closely with clients to identify needs and consult on best practices for solutions and setup.
The EPC Account Manager is responsible for gathering and reporting out accurate, relevant, and effective market/client data on the targeted EPC accounts, globally, and developing strategic business and people plans to deliver all related goals and business needs. Scope will include managing and developing major accounts conducting global EPC operations. The ideal candidate will have prior large account management experience in the Oil and Gas Industry with strong leadership abilities and a proven track record of delivering what is required at various levels.
- Act as first point of contact for designated (3-4 global accounts with HQ's in region) EPC accounts; potential OII spend >$10M annually and ~$300M wallet spend.
- Build relationships within designated accounts to further OII business and provide best in class sales service. Work collaboratively with Global Account Directors and Regional Sales Managers, where applicable, to increase sales, account penetration and profitability.
- Identify and engage key buyers and contacts within each account.
- Prioritize sales efforts on high potential, higher margin opportunities.
- Identify and influence accounts' requirements for OII products, services, and solutions and ensure the solution meets the customer need.
- Use Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling approach for all opportunities, including Funnel Scorecards and Sales Funnel Stages.
- Utilize CRM to maintain accurate and up to date records of account data, contact data, opportunity and bid data; Understand the opportunity pipeline and ensure CRM data is up to date and accurate.
- Provide forecast support to all service line managers utilizing CRM, Sales Funnel and the opportunity pipeline (monthly, annually, five-year plan)
- With Sales Management, establish performance goals aligned with account targets for year over year account growth and profitability.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively within and across OII teams to stay up to date on projects, ensure understanding of offerings, and understand potential sales opportunities.
- Ensure clients stay engaged and educated on OII products and services through workshops, lunch and learns, meetings, trade events and appropriate informal events.
- Engage with our customers and suppliers to understand competitive landscape and opportunities.
- Ensure customer feedback is communicated back into the organization and assist with Voice of Customer data gathering and collation.
- Provide weekly/bi-weekly updates on sales activities to be used for monthly update by IMDS Sales Director.
- Achieve and maintain a sound understanding of the products and services offered for all IMDS Service Lines.
- Review market analysis and market data to ensure account strategies stays current to market conditions.
- Actively participate in bids & proposal teams, including effective handover of relevant information.
- Actively participate in and support/adhere to procedures, safety and quality initiatives.
- Travel to various customer locations within office region. Occasional global travel may be required.
- Coach and instruct sales team to understand customer's organizational structure, key decision makers and reporting relationships, purchasing process, and degree of influence of individuals involved in the purchasing process.
- Support the sales team in identification of opportunities to pursue, based on their fit with Oceaneering's strengths.
- Support the sales team to develop differentiators to help Oceaneering win at a price acceptable to management.
- Formulate a pricing strategy based on the customer's expectations, competitive situation, potential differentiators, and other factors. Communicate the pricing strategy to the proposal team, and justify it to the executive management that must approve the proposal.
The following positions (may) report to this role :
- Reports to Global Director of Sales, Integrity Management & Digital Solutions AND TO MATRIX MANGERS/OTHER AS THE ROLE REQUIRES
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or Technical arena, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) plus years of effective sales/account management experience in the oilfield industry
- Business acumen to understand risk and challenges and demonstrable track record delivering large multimillion-dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects
- Working knowledge of and competent in Microsoft Office, CRM and Internet.
- Technically savvy and consistently up to date on the products and services OII offers.
- MBA from an accredited college or university or equivilent relavant experience.
- Fluent in English with French language skill as an advantage
This position is considered office work which may require travel and being located in manufacturing or other such locations which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.