Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join our Mountain Region Design Center team in Phoenix, AZ and Salt lake City, UT. This individual will provide technical and design consulting services for Water/Wastewater infrastructure, Industrial, Mining, Power, Commercial and Government clients. A key requirement is at least 2 years of heavy industry experience.
This position will report to the Structural Service Line Lead for the Mountain Region Design Center and can be located in either Phoenix, AZ or Salt Lake City, UT depending on candidate preference.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Perform analysis and design of structural elements and components both manually and with design software.
- Review and interpret building code requirements and other pertinent design standards.
- Prepare client deliverables including field reports, calculation packages, plans/drawings, and specifications.
- Perform structural inspections in concrete, masonry, and steel.
- Conduct technical reviews of reports, correspondence, and calculations related to the structural discipline.
- Assist in defining structural scope, budget, and schedule for structural efforts/projects.
- Prepare and review engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Support preparation of proposals and bids, including design-build projects. Follow company safety standards and site safety standards.
- Perform field work for data collection, visual inspections, etc.
- Collaborate with other design team members on structural design tasks.
- Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, design packages, technical reports, detailed analyses, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Computer-aided drafting and designing using industry-standard platforms to develop Construction Documents.
- Limited travel to job sites to conduct site investigations and inspections.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university
- EIT is required
- Registered as a Civil Engineer (PE) or a Structural Professional Engineer (SE), with active status or the ability to obtain one within 1 year
- 2 -4 years + structural engineering experience with 2 years prior experience relevant to heavy industry is a key requirement for this opportunity
- A thorough understanding of the practical application of structural engineering including applying principles, techniques, and procedures to a project design.
- Knowledge of structural design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of technical plans, drawings, and models
- Professionality with design codes and standards such as IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI 318, and ACI 350
- Strong knowledge of seismic design principles.
- Ability to work productively independently and as a member of a project team.
- Proficiency with modeling structural systems using computational software design tools such as RISA, ETABS, STRUDL, STAAD, and/or SAP.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel MS Project and Outlook).
- Basic knowledge regarding the design of reinforced concrete structures, steel structures and foundation design.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Detail and quality oriented.
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Master's Degree with an emphasis/concentration in Structural Engineering
- Experience using REVIT, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Familiarity with finite element modeling software such as ABAQUS, or ANSYS
- Experience with MSHA/OSHA safety regulations preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.