Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Posted: Sep 16, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a dynamic and innovative individual to fill the role of Junior Mechanical/Piping Designer in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. Reporting to the Mechanical Department Manager and working alongside other team members locally, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of major and minor projects in both the mining & minerals and oil & gas industry. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced engineering environment, this opportunity is for you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Providing design and drafting for engineering deliverables including process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), general arrangements and isometrics
- Providing design and drafting for the layout, design and specification of mechanical equipment and piping for industrial plants and related infrastructure
- Designing and drafting of equipment, piping and auxiliary components in 2D and 3D drawing environments
- Preparing project documents in accordance with project and company standards
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers, clients and other team members to coordinate, ensuring the compatibility of design
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate's degree in computer aided drafting and design (CAD)
- 2-5 years' experience working in the mechanical/piping discipline in an engineering company
- Proven experience with AutoCAD 2016 or newer 2D, and experience with 3D design
- 3D experience in CADWorx 2016 or newer is an asset
- Effective communication skills
- Must be able to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Must pass drug screen and background check.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.