Skills: Design Engineer, Modeling
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Partner with the best
The graduate engineer will be expected to observe, learn and contribute to engineering activities listed below relating to the design of subsea production systems, services and offshore equipment meeting relevant company and engineering standards defined below. The graduate engineer is also expected to attain chartered engineering status in accordance with the accredited monitored professional development scheme applicable to discipline e.g IMechE. The graduate engineer shall work under close guidance of senior engineers and mentors with rotations through discrete product groups, disciplines & business functions to acquire required breadth of knowledge.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor's Degree).
- Enrol and complete an accredited monitored professional development scheme.
- Create work packs for delegation, review detail drawings, create test procedures and lead small teams.
- Create layouts, specify functional components, evaluate stack-ups, create assembly procedures, support manufacturing, undertake basic calculations.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications to produce layout, detail and assembly designs and specifications.
- Develop conceptual design requirements and layouts on systems and product levels following company design process management (DPM) protocols.
- Develop general design specifications for interpretation by other engineers and designers.
- Retrieve and submit data in PDM link software following company protocols.
- Create detail, fabrication and assembly level drawings to ASME Y14.5 standards and format.
- Create detail designs for manufacture and participate and create material for design reviews including materials and environmental reviews using relevant software to prepare general drawings.
- Modify and create 3D models and drawings to manufacturing standards for 'Pro-NC' manufacture using company protocols and parametric practices.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOM) in documentation system, for approval by Engineers.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: Tolerance studies, design reliability, design for manufacture, simple failure analysis, design reviews, simple calculations for basic design Verification purposes.
- Identify improvements in existing products, procedures and processes and develop cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications
- Create basic factory acceptance (FAT) procedures, prototype Test Procedures and document results (PVT) for approval by Engineers
- Interpret basic pressure vessel and structural engineering calculations for design layout purposes.
- Ensure all design activities and documents are correctly archived in electronic document management system.
- Understand and apply design for manufacture principles for turning, machining, drilling, milling, and welding processes to ensure designs are suitable and allow for efficient manufacture and assembly.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
- Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined.
Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
- Fully fluent in English language. Other location-specific languages desirable.
Understanding of behavioral personnel issues.
Works effectively with team members. Professional approach to changing work demands
- Appropriate standard of technical, safety and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
Familiar with Risk Assessment and Reliability, Verification Procedures.
Good knowledge of materials, including welding and heat treatment of metals and elastomers.
Knowledgeable of current relevant industry standards and codes for area of work.
- experience with current industry relevant design and calculation software
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.