Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer .
- To actively participate in the development of the engineering designs on a project and to ensure that they are in accordance with project requirements and company objectives and are produced in a timely and cost-effective manne
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the WOOD Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To assist with the development of technical specifications, calculations, reports, design criteria and other documents required by the project in accordance with project, discipline, statutory regulations, good-practice, and company procedural requirements.
- To learn about design engineering standards on mining projects.
- Participate in the review of design documents and drawings from own discipline and from other disciplines, including the review of vendor documentation for compliance with project specifications.
- To understand the level of detail of each stage of a project life cycle.
- Participate in factory acceptance tests under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Understand how man hour estimate are put together and how the business works.
- Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental issues.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng, or B. Tech Graduate
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Willing to register as a candidate engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa and see the process through until finally being register as and Engineering Professional.
- Be willing to learn new things.
- Be adaptable and agile to the working environment.
- Be proficient with the complete Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Have a working knowledge of at least one CAD Application.
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good organizational, administration and time management skills.
- A proactive attitude.
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- A common-sense approach to everyday life.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and "get up and go" to manage own work flow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence and resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.